How do I run a cleaning cycle from the printer's control panel?
You can clean the print head using the control panel on your product.
Note: Ink is consumed during print head cleaning. Clean the print head only if the print quality declines.
- Load roll or cut sheet paper in the printer.
- Make sure the correct paper type is selected.
- Select Menu > Maintenance > Print Head Cleaning.
- Select one of the following:
- To clean all nozzles, select All Nozzles and press the right arrow.
- To clean specific nozzles, select them.
- Select OK to start the cleaning cycle. When the cleaning cycle is finished, a confirmation screen appears.
Never turn off the product during a cleaning cycle or you may damage it.
- Select Yes to print a nozzle check pattern.
- Check the printed pattern to see if there are gaps in the lines.
Print head is clean
Print head needs cleaning
- Follow the instructions on the screen to clean the print head, check the nozzles, and repeat the process as necessary.
If you don’t see any improvement after cleaning the print head several times, run a Power Cleaning.Related tasks
Running a Power Cleaning Using the Product Control Panel
Removing and Installing Ink Cartridges
Checking the Nozzles Using the Product Control Panel