How do I align the print head?
Aligning the Print Head Using the Product Control PanelIf your printouts become grainy or blurry, or you notice misalignment of vertical lines, you may need to align the print head using the product control panel.
- Make sure roll paper or cut sheet paper is loaded in the printer. You need at least this much paper to print the adjustment pattern:
- Roll paper: 11.2 inches (285 mm)
- Cut sheet feeder: 1 sheet of paper sized A4 (8.3 × 11.7 inches [210 × 297 mm]) or larger
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Do one of the following:
- Roll paper: Select the roll paper information area and select Media Adjust > Print Head Alignment - Manual.
- Cut sheet: Select Paper Setting > Cut Sheet (1 sheet) > Media Adjust > Print Head Alignment - Manual
- Select Start to print the adjustment pattern.
- Follow the instructions on the LCD screen to select the best patterns for each set of adjustment patterns and select OK. The screen displays a confirmation message and returns to the home screen.
Published: Oct 2, 2018 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!