How do I align the print head?
Do the following:
- Make sure the printer is turned on. Then load one of the following types of paper:
- Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper
- Epson Premium Photo Paper Glossy
- Epson Premium Luster Photo Paper
- Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper Luster
- Epson Enhanced Matte Paper
- Epson Ultra Premium Presentation Paper Matte
- Epson Presentation Paper Matte
- Press Menu.
- Press until HEAD ALIGNMENT is selected, then press .
- Make sure Auto is selected, then press .
- Press or to select the type of paper you loaded: PREM. GLOSSY/LUSTER, P Q INK JET PAPER (Epson Presentation Paper Matte), or ENHANCED MATTE PAPER (Ultra Premium Presentation Paper Matte). Then press .
- Press to start printing.
After printing is complete, the printer starts aligning the print head. It takes several minutes to run the head alignment. The printer's white beam sensor reads the alignment pattern and adjusts the printer automatically. Make sure you don't open the top cover or turn off the printer during this process.