I see the message No Signal. What should I do?
Try using the projector's built-in help system to solve the problem; see Using On-Screen Help. You can also check the following:
- Make sure the cables are correctly connected. See Connecting to a Computer or Connecting to Video Sources.
- Make sure the power to your computer or video source is turned on.
- If you've connected a computer and one or more video sources, you may need to press the Source Search button on the projector or one of the source buttons on the remote control to select the correct source. See Selecting the Image Source. Allow a few seconds for the projector to sync up after pressing the button.
- If you've connected a laptop computer, make sure it's set to display on an external monitor. Try the following: If you're using a PC laptop:
- Hold down the Fn key on the keyboard and press the function key that lets you display on an external monitor. It may have an icon such as , or it may be labeled CRT/LCD. Allow a few seconds for the projector to sync up after pressing it. Check your notebook's manual or online help for details.
On most systems, the key lets you toggle between the LCD screen and the projector, or display on both at the same time.
- Depending on your computer's video card, you might need to use the Display utility in the Control Panel to make sure that both the LCD screen and external monitor port are enabled. See your computer's documentation or online help for details.
- Open System Preferences.
- Click Displays.
- Make sure the VGA Display or Color LCD dialog box is selected.
- Click the Arrangement or Arrange tab.
- Make sure the Mirror Displays checkbox is selected.
- From the Apple menu, select Control Panels, then click Monitors and Sound.
- Click the Arrange icon.
- Drag one monitor icon on top of the other. This lets you display on the projector screen as well as the LCD screen.
- If this option isn't available, click the Monitor icon.
- Select one of the listed Simulscan resolutions. (Allow a few seconds for the projector to sync up after making the selection.)
Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!