What are the different Color Modes on the Video menu used for?
The Color Mode setting adjusts the brightness, contrast, and color for various common viewing environments. Use this setting to quickly obtain a good picture. Choose the Color Mode in the Image menu or press the Color Mode button on the remote control to select:
- Photo—For vivid, high-contrast still images in a bright room.
- Sports—For vivid TV images projected in a bright room (video, S-video, or composite video only).
- Presentation—For computer presentations (the default when projecting from a computer with analog video).
- Theatre—For optimizing movie images with increased contrast.
- Game—For increased brightness when playing video games or watching TV in a bright room. Emphasizes dark gradations.
- sRGB—For matching the color palette of standard sRGB computer displays.
- Blackboard—For projecting accurate colors on a green chalkboard (adjusts the white point).
- Customized—For manual color adjustment.
Published: Jun 2, 2008 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!