How do I replace the projection lamp?
Follow these steps to replace the lamp:
- Turn off the projector and unplug the power cord.
- Let the projector cool for at least an hour (if it has been on). The lamp is extremely hot immediately after use. Warning:
- Let the lamp cool completely before replacing it.
- In the unlikely event that the lamp has broken, small glass fragments may be present and should be removed carefully to avoid injury.
- If the lamp is used after the replacement period has passed, the possibility that the lamp may break increases. When a lamp replacement message appears, replace the lamp with a new one as soon as possible, even if it is still working.
- Loosen the lamp cover screw (you don't need to remove it). Then slide the lamp cover to the side and lift it off the projector.
- Loosen the two screws holding the lamp in place (you can't remove them).
- Hold the lamp as shown and pull it straight out.
- Gently insert the new lamp. (If it doesn't fit easily, make sure it is positioned correctly.)
- Once the lamp is fully inserted, tighten its screws.
- Replace the lamp cover, then tighten its screw.
- Turn the projector over.
- Reset the lamp timer. Note: The lamp(s) in this product contain mercury. Please consult your state and local regulations regarding disposal or recycling. Do not put it in the trash.
Published: Mar 6, 2007 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!