When and how should I clean or replace the air filter?
Your projector includes an air filter to ensure the best performance. If dust collects on the air filter on the bottom of the projector, clean it as described below. Dust clogs prevent proper ventilation and cause overheating and damage to the projector.
- Press the Power button and wait for the Power light to stop flashing. The projector cools down.
- Turn off the projector using the power switch on the back.
- Unplug the power cord and disconnect any cables.
- Use a small vacuum cleaner that is designed for computers and other office equipment to clean the filter on the bottom of the projector, as shown. If you don't have one, gently clean the filter using a very soft brush (such as a clean artist's paintbrush).
If the dirt is difficult to remove or the filter is broken, replace it. You can purchase air filter part number V13H134A18 from an authorized Epson reseller. To find the nearest reseller, please call 800-GO-EPSON (800-463-7766). To purchase online, visit the Epson Store.
- If you need to replace the filter, release the tab and lift up the cover.
- Remove the old filter and replace it with a new one.
- To replace the cover, insert the tabs and press down until the cover clicks into place.
Published: Jan 24, 2008 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!