What are the different Color Modes on the Video menu used for?
The Color Mode setting adjusts the brightness, contrast, and color for various common viewing environments. Use this setting to quickly obtain a good picture. Choose the Color Mode in the Image menu or press the Color Mode button on the remote control to select:
- Dynamic - Best for projecting the brightest picture available.
- Living Room - Best for watching movies during the day.
- Natural - Use for projecting the most natural, accurate colors.
- Theatre - Use when projecting movies in a dark room.
- Theatre Black 1 - Best for images that are close to those in professional-use broadcast monitors.
- Theatre Black 2 - Best for black and white movies or those with dark scenes.
- x.v Color - Use for reproducing colors more naturally. This setting appears only when an x.v. color signal is being input from the HDMI1 or HDMI2 port.
Published: Jan 24, 2008 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!