What are the different Color Modes on the Video menu used for?
The Color Mode setting adjusts the brightness, contrast, and color for various common viewing environments. Use this setting to quickly obtain a good picture. Choose the Color Mode in the Image menu to select:
- Photo—For vivid, high-contrast still images in a bright room (only available when the source is set to Computer or USB).
- Sports—For vivid TV images projected in a bright room (video, S-video, or composite video only).
- Presentation—For making color presentations in a bright room.
- Text—For making black-and-white presentations in a bright room.
- Theatre—For watching movies in a darkened room; gives images a natural tone.
- Game—Increases brightness when playing video games or watching TV in a bright room. Emphasizes dark gradations.
- sRGB—Matches the color palette of standard sRGB computer displays.
- Blackboard—Projects accurate colors on a green chalkboard (adjusts the white point).
Published: Sep 17, 2008 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!