What are the different Color Modes on the Video menu used for?
The Color Mode setting adjusts the brightness, contrast, and color for various common viewing environments. Use this setting to quickly obtain a good picture. Choose the Color Mode in the Image menu or press the Color Mode button on the remote control to select:
- Vivid—For projecting the brightest picture available.
- Cinema Day—For watching television programs during the day.
- Natural—For projecting natural, accurate colors in a dimly lit room.
- Cinema Night—For viewing movies in a dimly lit room.
- HD—For images that are close to those in professional-use broadcast monitors. Use in a fully darkened room.
- Silver Screen—to emphasize rich colors, like those seen in movies at theater. Use in a fully darkened room.
- x.v Color—For the most natural color reproduction when viewing movies through HDMI.
Published: Nov 24, 2008 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!