What are the different Color Modes used for?
The Color Mode setting adjusts the brightness, contrast, and color for various common viewing environments. Use this setting to quickly obtain a good picture. Choose the Color Mode in the Image menu or press the Color Mode button on the remote control to select:
- Dynamic—For increased brightness and contrast when playing video games or watching TV in a bright room. If you notice video delays during high-speed gaming, turn off the Progressive setting. See Adjusting Signal Settings.
- Presentation—For computer presentations in a bright room with color graphics.
- Whiteboard—For computer presentations in a bright room with black-and-white text and graphics.
- Theatre—For watching movies in a dark room.
- Photo—For vivid, high-contrast still images in a bright room.
- Sports—For vivid TV images projected in a bright room (video, S-video, or component video only).
- sRGB—For matching the color palette of standard sRGB computer displays
- Blackboard—For projecting accurate colors on a green chalkboard (adjusts the white point).
Published: Jun 5, 2009 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!