I see dark vertical bands when projecting from a computer. What should I do?
Try the following:
- If you're projecting from a computer and displaying an image that contains a lot of fine detail, you may notice vertical bands or some of the characters may look heavy or blurred. Press the Auto button on the remote control or the Enter button on the projector to reset the projector's Tracking, Sync, and Position settings.
- If further adjustment is needed, you can fine-tune the Tracking and Sync settings manually using the Signal menu on the projector.
- Fill the screen with an image containing fine detail, such as a pattern to appear as your desktop background, or try projecting black text on a white background.
- Adjust the Tracking to eliminate vertical bands.
- Adjust the Sync setting to increase the image sharpness.
Published: Jan 20, 2011 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!