Can I display on the screen and a computer monitor simultaneously?
If you connect the projector to your computer with a USB cable, you can display your images on the projection screen and computer monitor simultaneously.
- Hold down the Fn key on the keyboard and press the function key that lets you display on an external monitor. It may have an icon such as , or it may be labelled CRT/LCD. Allow a few seconds for the projector to sync up after pressing it. Check your notebook's manual or online help for details.
On most systems, the key lets you toggle between the LCD screen and the projector, or display on both at the same time.
If you connect the notebook while the projector or computer are already turned on, the function Fn key that changes the computer's image signal to external output may not work. Turn the computer and the projector off and then back on again.
- Depending on your computer's video card, you might need to use the Display utility in the Control Panel to make sure that both the LCD screen and external monitor port are enabled. See your computer's documentation or online help for details.
If you connect the projector to your desktop computer's monitor port with a VGA cable, you will see your images displayed on the projection screen only.
You can use an optional distribution amplifier to display on the projection screen and your desktop computer's monitor simulatenously. The distribution amplifier accepts one input (from your computer) and then distributes the signal to two identical outputs (projector and computer monitor). You can purchase a distribution amplifier from the Epson Store.
If you connect the projector to your laptop, your laptop may support the ability to display on the projection screen and your laptop simultaneously. Make sure it's set to display on an external monitor, then try the following.
If you're using a PC notebook:
If you're using a Mac notebook:
- Open System Preferences.
- Click Displays.
- Click Detect Displays.
- Make sure the VGA Display or Color LCD dialog box is selected.
- Click the Arrangement or Arrange tab.
- Make sure the Mirror Displays checkbox is selected.
Published: Aug 23, 2010 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!