How do I set a password on my product?
Follow these steps to set a password or change an existing one:
- Hold down the Freeze button on the remote control until you see the Password Protect menu. This takes about five seconds.
- Press the down arrow to select Password and press Enter.
You see the prompt Change the password?.
- Select Yes and press Enter.
- Hold down the Num button on the remote control and use the numeric buttons to set a four-digit password.
The password displays as **** as you enter it. Then you see the confirmation prompt.
- Enter the password again.
You see the message Password accepted.
- Press Esc to return to the Password Protect menu.
- Make a note of the password and keep it in a safe place in case you forget it.
- Power On Protect—Prevents anyone from using the projector without first entering a password.
- User's Logo Protect—Prevents anyone from changing the custom screen the projector displays when it turns on or when you use the A/V Mute feature. The presence of the custom screen discourages theft by identifying the projector's owner.
Caution: If you lose the remote control, you will not be able to enter the password. Keep the remote control in a safe place at all times. Also, it's a good idea to write down your password.
Published: Sep 30, 2011 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!