Can I display on the screen and a computer monitor simultaneously?
If you connect the projector to your computer or laptop with a USB cable, you can display your images on the projection screen and your computer monitor or laptop simultaneously.
If you connect the projector to your desktop computer's monitor port with a VGA cable, you will see your images displayed on the projection screen only.
If you connect the projector to your laptop with a VGA cable, your laptop may support the ability to display on the projection screen and your laptop simultaneously. Make sure it's set to display on an external monitor, then try the following.
Displaying From a PC Laptop:
- Hold down the laptop's Fn key and press the key labelled with a monitor icon or CRT/LCD. (See your laptop manual for details.) Wait a few seconds for an image to appear.
- To display on both the laptop's monitor and the projector, try pressing the same keys again.
- If the same image is not displayed by the laptop and projector, check the Windows Display utility to make sure the external monitor port is enabled. (See your computer or Windows manual for instructions.)
- If necessary, check your video card settings and set the multiple display option to Clone.
- Open the System Preferences utility and select Displays.
- Select the VGA Display or Color LCD option, if necessary.
- Click the Arrangement or Arrange tab.
- Select the Mirror Displays checkbox.
Published: Sep 30, 2011 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!