What are the different Color Modes on the Image menu used for?
The Color Mode adjusts the brightness, contrast, and color for various common viewing environments. Use this setting to quickly obtain a good picture. Choose the Color Mode in the Image menu or press the Color Mode button on the remote control to select:
- Dynamic: Brightest mode; for video games or TV in a bright room.
- Presentation: For color presentations in a bright room (default setting).
- Theatre: For natural-toned movies in a darkened room.
- Photo: For vivid, high-contrast still images in a bright room (only available when the source is set to LAN or USB).
- Sports: For vivid TV images in a bright room (only available for component video, S-Video, or composite video sources).
- sRGB: Matches the color palette of standard sRGB computer displays.
- Blackboard: Projects accurate colors on a green chalkboard (adjusts the white point).
- Whiteboard: For computer presentations in a bright room with black-and-white text and graphics.
Published: Feb 27, 2012 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!