My pen doesn't work. It lags, skips, or does not write on the projected image. What should I do?
- Try the following solutions:
- The pens turn off automatically after 20 minutes of inactivity. Slide the switch to turn the pen back on.
- Make sure you are not covering the black section near the tip of the pen.
- Make sure nothing is blocking the signal between the pen and the interactive pen receiver on the projector.
- Try holding the pen at a different angle so that your hand is not blocking the signal.
- Make sure the cable cover is in place to keep cables from blocking the signal.
- Make sure the pen battery has enough power. Try replacing the battery.
- If you are projecting from a computer, make sure the USB cable is connected to the computer and projector.
- Dim the room lights and turn off any fluorescent lights. Make sure the projection surface and pen receiver are not in direct sunlight or other sources of bright light.
- If the pen tip is worn out or damaged, you may need to replace it.
- Make sure the pen receiver on the projector is clean and free from dust.
- Make sure there is no interference from the infrared remote controls or microphones.
- Make sure the USB Type-B option on the Extended menu is set to Easy Interactive Function or USB Display/Easy Interactive Function.
- Make sure the Use Source option on the Extended menu is set to the correct source.
- Make sure you have calibrated the system. Try recalibrating.
Replacing the Pen Batteries
Replacing the Pen Tips
Installing Easy Interactive Tools
Calibrating the Projector
Using the Pens
Projector Setup Settings - Extended Menu
Published: Apr 30, 2012 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!