I see static or noise in the image. What should I do?
If the projected image seems to contain electronic interference (noise) or static, try the following solutions:
- Check the cables connecting your computer or video source to the projector. They should be:
- Separated from the power cord to prevent interference
- Securely connected at both ends
- Not connected to an extension cable
- Check the settings on the projector's Signal menu to make sure they match the video source. If available for your video source, adjust the Progressive and Noise Reduction settings.
- Select a computer video resolution that is compatible with the projector.
- If you are projecting from a computer, press the Auto button on the remote control to automatically adjust the Tracking and Sync settings.
- If you adjusted the image shape using the projector controls, try decreasing the Sharpness setting to improve image quality.
- If you are using the USB Display function, turn off the Transfer layered window setting in the Epson USB Display Settings program on your computer.
Displaying From a PC Laptop
Displaying From a Mac Laptop
Published: Mar 27, 2013 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!