Can I project images from a computer over a USB connection?
Connecting to a Computer for USB Video and AudioIf your computer meets the system requirements, you can send video and audio output to the projector through the computer's USB port (preferably USB 2.0). Connect the projector to your computer using a USB cable.
Note: This also lets you use the interactive pens with your computer. You need to change the USB Type B setting in the projector's Extended menu before you can project through the USB port. Note that using USB Display will slow interactive pen function. For the best performance, VGA or HDMI connections are recommended.
- Turn on your computer.
- Connect the cable to your projector's USB-B port.
- Connect the other end to any available USB port on your computer.
- To use USB Display, do one of the following:
- Windows 8.x: Click EPSON_PJ_UD in the upper right-corner, then select Run EMP_UDSE.exe in the dialog box that appears to install the Epson USB Display software.
- Windows 7/Windows Vista: Select Run EMP_UDSE.exe in the dialog box that appears to install the Epson USB Display software.
- Windows XP: Wait as messages appear on your computer screen and the projector installs the Epson USB Display software on your computer.
- Windows 2000: Select Computer, EPSON_PJ_UD, and EMP_UDSE.EXE to install the Eposn USB Display software.
- OS X: The USB Display setup folder appears on your screen. Select USB Display Installer and follow the on-screen instructions to install the Epson USB Display software.