The pen does not work over a network. What is wrong?
If the interactive pens do not work, try the following solutions:
- The pens turn off automatically. Tap the pen tip or press the power/function button to turn the pen back on.
- Make sure you are not covering the black section near the tip of the pen.
- Make sure nothing is blocking the signal between the pen and the interactive pen receiver on the projector.
- Try holding the pen at a different angle so that your hand is not blocking the signal.
- Make sure the pen battery has enough power. Press the button on the side of the pen to check remaining battery power. Try replacing the battery.
- If you are projecting from a computer, make sure the USB cable is connected to the computer and projector.
- Dim the room lights and turn off any fluorescent lights. Make sure the projection surface and pen receiver are not in direct sunlight or other sources of bright lighting.
- Remove any decorative lights from around the projector or projection surface.
- If the pen tip is worn out or damaged, you may need to replace it.
- Make sure the interactive pen receiver on the projector is clean and free from dust.
- Make sure there is no interference from infrared remote controls, mice, or infrared microphones.
- Make sure the USB Type B option on the Extended menu is set to Easy Interactive Function or USB Display/Easy Interactive Function.
- Make sure you have calibrated the system. Try recalibrating.
- Make sure the Pen Mode and Pen Operation Mode settings are set correctly in the Easy Interactive Function options on the Extended menu.
Installing Batteries in the Pen
Connecting to a Computer for Pen Use or USB Mouse Control
Connecting to a Computer for USB Video and Audio
Using the Pens
Optional Equipment and Replacement Parts
Projector Setup Settings - Extended Menu
Published: Jan 9, 2015 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!