How do I display the same image on a projection screen and a computer monitor or laptop at the same time?
- If you are using an HDMI connection, you can use an HDMI splitter to connect the projector and an HDMI monitor.
- If you are using a VGA or HDMI connection, your laptop may support the ability to display on the projection screen and your laptop simultaneously.
- Set up the laptop to display on an external monitor. Do the following:
- Hold down the laptop's Fn key and press the key labelled with a monitor icon or CRT/LCD. (See your laptop manual for details.) Wait a few seconds for an image to appear.
- To display on both the laptop's monitor and the projector, try pressing the same keys again.
- If the same image is not displayed by the laptop and projector, check the Windows Display utility to make sure the external monitor port is enabled and extended desktop mode is disabled. (See your computer or Windows manual for instructions.)
- If necessary, check your video card settings and set the multiple display option to Mirror or Duplicate.
See below for the type of equipment you are connecting.
Do the following:
- Open System Preferences.
- Click Displays.
- Click the Arrangement tab.
- Make sure the Mirror Displays checkbox is selected.
Published: Sep 18, 2015 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!