What is the remote desktop connection and how do I use it?
The remote desktop connection allows you to control a remote Windows computer from the projected screen using the interactive pens or your finger. You can also add notes to the projected content.
You can use the remote desktop connection through wired LAN and wireless LAN. Connection speed varies depending on the communication band of the network. Use a wired connection for the most stable connection.
While the Remote Desktop connection screen is displayed, you cannot do the following:
- Select a different image source
- Use other interactive features
- Control the projector from the bottom toolbar
- Connect to multiple projectors
- Hear sound from the projector
- Use RD Gateway, RemoteFX, USB redirection, or audio transfer
Note: Make sure your computer is configured to be controlled remotely. See your computer manual for details.
- Connect your projector to a wired or wireless network.
- Select the icon on the bottom toolbar and select Remote Desktop from the image source list.
Note: You can also press the Home button on the remote control and select Remote Desktop Connection on the Home screen.You see the Remote Desktop screen.
1 Remote computer IP address or host name 2 Remote computer user name 3 Remote computer password 4 Speed/Quality priority selector
- Enter the IP address or fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of the remote computer. You can enter up to 64 alphanumeric characters. You can enter a port number by adding it after the IP address or FQDN and separating it with a colon (":")
Note: If you enter a FQDN, you must configure a DNS server.
- Enter the user name and password for an account on the remote computer. You can enter up to 32 alphanumeric characters. You can enter a domain name by adding it before the user name and separating them with a backslash (domain\user_name)
- Select one of the following as the remote desktop connection quality and speed setting.
- Priority to Speed to project in WXGA resolution.
- Priority to Quality to project in WUXGA resolution.
Note: You can use an external English 101-key USB keyboard connected to the USB-A port on the control pad to enter numbers and characters. Using an external keyboard lets you enter a user name or password without displaying it. You can also use the keyboard to type during remote desktop functions.
- Select Connect. You see the remote computer's screen image through the LAN source.
You can select the default Address, User name, and Password settings using the Remote Desktop Setup setting in the Network menu.