The remote control doesn't work. What should I do?
If the projector does not respond to remote control commands, try the following solutions:
- Check that the remote control batteries are installed correctly and have power. If necessary, replace the batteries.
- Make sure you are operating the remote control within the reception angle and range of the projector.
- Make sure the projector is not warming up or shutting down.
- Check to see if a button on the remote control is stuck down, causing it to enter sleep mode. Release the button to wake the remote control up.
- Strong fluorescent lighting, direct sunlight, or infrared device signals may be interfering with the projector's remote receivers. Dim the lights or move the projector away from the sun or interfering equipment.
- Make sure the optional remote control cable set is not attached to the projector's Remote port. If you leave the cable connected to the port, the remote control cannot control the projector.
- If available, turn off one of the remote receivers in the projector's menu system, or check if all the remote receivers were turned off.
- If you assigned an ID number to the remote control to operate multiple projectors, you may need to check or change the ID setting (feature not available with all projectors).
- Make sure the Remote Control Type setting in the Extended menu is set to Normal if you are using the remote control that came with the projector.
- Make sure the Control Communications or Extron XTP setting in the Extended menu is set to Off if you are using the optional remote control cable set.
- If you lose the remote control, you can purchase another from an authorized Epson reseller.
Projector Identification System for Multiple Projector Control
Replacing the Remote Control Batteries
Remote Control Operation
Projector Feature Settings - Settings Menu
Projector Setup Settings - Extended Menu
Published: Jun 28, 2016 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!