How do I connect directly to a smartphone or tablet?
You can display a QR code on the screen and use it to connect a single smartphone or tablet to your projector with the Epson iProjection app.
- Download the latest version of the Epson iProjection app from the App Store or Google Play and install it on your smartphone or tablet.
- Press the Menu button on the projector or the remote control.
- Select the Management menu and press Enter.
- Select On as the Wireless LAN Power setting.
- Select the Network menu and press Enter.
- Select Network Settings and press Enter.
- Set the Priority Control Interface setting to Wireless LAN.
- Make sure Simple AP is set to On.
Note: If you're connecting through a router, set Simple AP to Off.
- Select Network Projection and press Enter.
- Turn on the Projector Keyword setting if you want to prevent access to the projector by anyone not in the room with it.
Note: The projector displays a random keyword that you must enter from a computer using the Epson iProjection (Windows/Mac) software to access the projector.
- Select On as the Epson iProjection setting.
- Select the following settings as necessary:
- SSID Display selects whether to display the SSID on the network standby screen and Home screen.
- Display LAN Info lets you select how the projector displays network information. You can select an option to display a QR code that lets you quickly connect your iOS or Android devices using the Epson iProjection app.
- Moderator Password lets you enter a password up to 4 numbers long for accessing the projector as a moderator with the Epson iProjection (Windows/Mac) software or the Epson iProjection app. (No default password.)
- Keyword Interrupt Display lets you select whether to display a projector keyword on the projected image when accessing the projector using Epson iProjection.
- When you finish selecting settings, select Return and press Enter to return to the Network Settings menu
- Select Set, and follow the on-screen instructions to save your settings and exit the menus.
- Press the LAN button on the remote control. Your projector displays a QR code on the projection surface. You can press Enter to hide and show the QR code on the screen. If you do not see the QR code, set the Display LAN Info setting to Text & QR Code in the Network menu.
- Open the Epson iProjection app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Use the QR code reader feature to read the QR code and connect your device to the projector.
Note: The projector and the smartphone must be on the same wireless network in order to establish a connection.
Administration Settings - Management Menu
Network Settings - Network Menu