There is no sound. What should I do?
If there is no sound when you expect it or the volume is too low or high, try the following solutions:
- Adjust the projector's volume settings.
- Check your computer or video source to make sure the volume is turned up and the audio output is set for the correct source.
- Check the cable connection between the projector and your video source.
- If you want to output audio from the projector's speakers, try setting Sound Output Device to Speaker and Sound Output Format to PCM in the Sound menu. Also, make sure the HDMI2 ARC setting in the Settings menu is disabled.
- If you want to output audio to an external audio device using an HDMI cable, try the following solutions:
- Make sure the HDMI cable is connected to the projector's HDMI2 (ARC) port
- Enable HDMI CEC in the Settings menu
- Enable HDMI2 ARC in the Settings menu
- Set Sound Output Device to ARC in the Sound menu
- Set Sound Output Format to PCM in the Sound menu
- Make sure the HDMI cable is compliant with HDMI ARC
Note: When outputting audio to an external audio device that does not support HDMI ARC using an HDMI cable, disable HDMI CEC in the Settings menu.
- If you are using a Mac and you do not hear sound from an HDMI source, make sure your Mac supports audio through the HDMI port. If not, you need to connect an audio cable.
- If you hear a hissing sound from your projector's speakers when projecting from a computer running Windows 10 over a network, you may need to adjust the Windows 10 sound properties:
- Right-click the speaker icon in the Windows taskbar and select Sounds.
- Click the Playback tab, select the playback device, and click Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab, set the sample rate and bit depth setting to 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD Quality), click Apply, and click OK.
Note: These steps may vary depending on the Windows 10 version you are using.
- If you turn the projector on immediately after turning it off, the cooling fans may run at high speed momentarily and cause an unexpected noise. This is normal.
Controlling the Volume with the Volume Buttons
Changing the Sound Mode
Published: Nov 3, 2020 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!