There is no sound. What should I do?
If there is no sound from the external speaker when you expect it or the volume is too low or high, try the following solutions:
- Adjust the projector's volume settings.
- Make sure external speakers are connected.
- Press the A/V Mute button on the remote control to resume video and audio if they were temporarily stopped.
- Check your computer or video source to make sure the volume is turned up and the audio output is set for the correct source.
- Check the audio cable connections between the projector and your video source.
- Check the audio out cable connection between the projector and your external speakers.
- Make sure any connected audio cables are labeled "No Resistance."
- If you are using a Mac and you do not hear sound from an HDMI source, make sure your Mac supports audio through the HDMI port. If not, you need to connect an audio cable.
- If the volume for the computer is set to the minimum while the projector's volume is set to maximum, the sound level may be mixed. Turn up the computer's volume and decrease the projector's volume (when using Epson iProjection [Windows/Mac]).
- HDMI audio is only supported using PCM. Make sure your audio source is set to the PCM setting.
- If you turn the projector on immediately after turning it off, the cooling fans may run at high speed momentarily and cause an unexpected noise. This is normal.
Shutting Off the Picture and Sound Temporarily
Published: Feb 4, 2021 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!