There is no sound. What should I do?
If there is no sound when you expect it or the volume is too low or high, try the following solutions:
- Adjust the projector's volume settings.
- Press the A/V Mute button on the remote control to resume video and audio if they were temporarily stopped.
- Check your computer or video source to make sure the volume is turned up and the audio output is set for the correct source.
- Try disconnecting and reconnecting the audio cable.
- Check the audio cable connections between the projector and your video source.
- If you do not hear sound from an HDMI source, set the connected device to PCM output.
- Make sure any connected audio cables are labeled "No Resistance."
- If you are using the USB Display function, turn on the Output audio from the projector setting in the Epson USB Display Settings program on your computer.
- If you are using a Mac and you do not hear sound from an HDMI source, make sure your Mac supports audio through the HDMI port. If not, you need to connect an audio cable.
- If you want to use a connected audio source when the projector isn't projecting any images, set the Quick Startup option in the Operation menu to Off and make sure the A/V Output setting in the Signal I/O menu is set to Always On.
- If the volume for the computer is set to the minimum while the projector's volume is set to maximum, the sound level may be mixed. Turn up the computer's volume and decrease the projector's volume (when using Epson iProjection [Windows/Mac] or USB Display).
- Make sure the Audio Output Device option is set to the correct audio port for your video device.
- Check the Mic Input Level setting and lower it, if necessary.
- If you turn the projector on immediately after turning it off, the cooling fans may run at high speed momentarily and cause an unexpected noise. This is normal.
Connecting to a Video Source for Sound
Connecting to External Speakers
Controlling the Volume with the Volume Buttons
Input Signal Settings - Signal I/O Menu
Published: Mar 8, 2023 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!