How do I set up my projector?
Your ultra-short throw projector is designed to be installed on a wall (with a wall mount) or vertically on a table (with a table mount) to create an interactive tabletop workspace.
You can also place the projector on a flat surface such as a desk or table to project in a portable setup.
Note: A Touch Unit is optional and must be installed for finger touch operation. Finger touch operation is available only if the projector is installed on a wall (with a wall mount) and projecting from the front of the wall, or vertically on a table (with a table mount) and projecting from the top of the table.
Keep these considerations in mind as you select a projector location:
- Follow the instructions in the online Installation Guide to install the projector.
- Leave plenty of space around and under the projector for ventilation, and do not place it on top of or next to anything that could block the vents.
- If you are using the projector at altitudes above 4921 feet (1500 m), set the High Altitude Mode setting to On in the projector's Installation menu to ensure the projector's internal temperature is regulated properly.
- Position the projector within reach of a grounded electrical outlet or extension cord.
- If installing vertically on a table, a commercially available mount compatible with the VESA Mounting Interface Standard (100 x 100 mm) is required.
- If installing on a wall, the wall mount (V12HA06A05) is required.
- For finger touch functionality, make sure the projection surface is flat, smooth, and unwarped with no more than 0.2 inch (5 mm) of unevenness in any direction.
- Place the projector so it squarely faces the screen, not at an angle. If you cannot install the projector squarely facing the screen, correct any resulting image distortion by adjusting either the projector feet or, if mounted, the adjustment dials on the projector mount. If the image is still not square, then use the projector's digital correction methods.
Note: The interactive functionality may be affected by using too much digital correction.
- Try not to set up the projector in locations subject to high humidity and dust, or in locations subject to smoke from fires or tobacco smoke.
- Try not to set up the projector near bright lights, fluorescent lights, or sunlight. If the surrounding area is too bright, the interactive features may not operate correctly.
- Make sure there is no strong light or sunlight shining on the projector or the projection screen.
- Try not to set up the projector near devices that generate powerful noise, such as transformers, as the interactive features may not operate correctly.
Projector Setup and Installation Options
You can set up or install your projector in the following ways:
Mounted on the wall or ceiling
Mounted vertically on a table to create an interactive workspace
Mounted on the wall or ceiling and projecting from behind a translucent screen (interactive features not supported)
Mounted vertically and projecting from underneath a table (interactive features not supported)
Front projection from a table or portable cart
Rear projection from a table or portable cart behind a translucent screen (interactive features not supported)
Wherever you set up the projector, make sure to position it squarely in front of the screen, not at an angle.
If you place the projector vertically, turn on the Vertical Installation setting in the projector's Installation menu.
If you install the projector to a fixed location, turn on the Fixed Installation setting in the projector's Installation menu.
If you project from a table or portable cart, or from the rear, install the projector feet and be sure to select the correct Projection option in the projector's menu system.
Note: You cannot use the interactive pens or finger touch when projecting from behind a screen or under a table.