My interactive pen doesn't work, or it's slow or hard to use. What should I do?
Solutions When the Interactive Pens Do Not Work
If the interactive pens do not work, try the following solutions:
- The pens turn off automatically when not in use. Pick up the pen to turn it back on.
- Make sure you are not covering the black section near the tip of the pen.
- Try replacing the soft pen tip with the hard pen tip.
- Make sure nothing is blocking the signal between the pen and the interactive pen receiver on the projector.
- Try holding the pen at a different angle so that your hand is not blocking the signal.
- Make sure the pen battery has enough power. Press the button on the side of the pen to check remaining battery power. Try replacing the battery.
- If you are projecting from a computer, make sure the USB cable is connected to the computer and projector.
- Dim the room lights and turn off any fluorescent lights. Make sure the projection surface and pen receiver are not in direct sunlight or other sources of bright lighting.
- Remove any decorative lights from around the projector or projection surface.
- If the pen tip is worn out or damaged, you may need to replace it.
- Make sure the interactive pen receiver on the projector is clean and free from dust.
- Make sure there is no interference from infrared remote controls, mice, or infrared microphones.
- Make sure you have calibrated the system. Try recalibrating.
- If you are using a Mac with your projector, make sure that you installed the Easy Interactive Tools software, and that you have downloaded and installed the latest Easy Interactive Driver from the Epson support site.
- If you are using multiple interactive projectors in the same room, make sure you are using a sync cable between the projectors and that the Installation of Projectors > Sync of Projectors setting in the Pen/Touch menu is set to Wired. If you do not have a sync cable, set the Infrared Intensity setting to Strong in the Pen/Touch menu. Use a 3.5 mm stereo mini-jack audio cable and make sure it is labeled "No resistance."
Solutions When the Interactive Pens Are Slow or Difficult to Use
If the pens are difficult to use or respond too slowly, try the following solutions:
- For easier operation, hold the pen perpendicular to the projection surface.
- For the best performance, connect your computer to the projector using a VGA or HDMI cable for display and the USB cable for interactivity.
- If you are using USB Display in Windows, you may need to disable Windows Aero in the Epson USB Display Settings program on your computer.
Published: Mar 8, 2023 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!