Part of my image is blurred or out of focus. What should I do?
Try the following:
- The document camera needs hard edges or sharp lines in the image to be able to focus properly. If the image has only soft edges, try placing a different document under the camera lens while adjusting the focus. Or focus the image manually with the Focus adjustment in the Image menu. See Making Image Adjustments.
- Make sure the lens is at least 10 cm (4 inches) away from the object you're viewing.
- If you're using a projector to display the image, check its focus.
- Make sure the document camera lens isn't dirty. To remove dirt or smears, use lens-cleaning tissue. If necessary, moisten a soft cloth with lens cleaner and gently wipe the lens surface.
Caution: Be careful not to scratch the lens. Never rub the lens with abrasive materials.
- Make sure the lens is not fogged by condensation. If you've just moved the document camera from a cold environment, wait a couple of minutes before using it.
Published: Oct 13, 2010 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!