Some buttons are missing in the Epson Scan software. What should I do?
You can press the Alt key on your keyboard to see the buttons. Epson released a fix for some products in November of 2021, so this may no longer be necessary. Several solutions are available. Some legacy products will not receive an update. To determine which solution applies to your product, do the following:
- Go to the Epson Support page and select your product.
- Select the Downloads tab, if necessary.
- Select Windows 11 in the Operating System drop-down box, if necessary.
- Do one of the following:
- If Epson Scan is dated November 2021 or later, download and install the software. With this version you will no longer need to use the Alt key to display the buttons.
- If the date is earlier, check if the Epson Scan Common Updater for Windows 11 software is available for your product. If it is, use it to update your version of Epson Scan. This will update your version of Epson Scan so you no longer need to use the Alt key to display the buttons.
Note: If Epson Scan is dated earlier than November 2021 and the Epson Scan Common Updater for Windows 11 software is not available for your product, continue to use the Alt key on your keyboard to see the buttons in Epson Scan.