- Epson's Responsibilities,/b>
During the term of this agreement, Epson America, Inc., ("Epson") or its designee will provide priority telephone technical support and the other service described in these Terms and Conditions (the "Service") for each 64-inch wide solvent printer for which you have purchased this extended service overage (referred to as the "Printer" or the "Product" in this document). pson is financially and legally obligated to perform Service under this Agreement.
The fee for the Preferred Plus Service and Support Plan is payable in full before the plan will be activated and is non-refundable. The fee for any renewal term must be paid prior to expiration of the current term. Customer is responsible for any taxes arising for the services provided under this Agreement.
Customer must purchase the Preferred Plus Service and Support Plan while the printer is covered under the standard warranty to be eligible for enrollment. See your documentation for the EPSON Preferred Limited Warranty Plan. Customer must be prepared to submit proof of original purchase when purchasing the Preferred Plus Service and Support Plan.
- How To Obtain Service
Customer may obtain Service by following these procedures:
- Once the Preferred Plus Service and Support Plan is activated, please contact Epson when the Product requires repair, by using the same toll-free number identified in the EPSON Preferred Warranty booklet included with the Product at the time of purchase, and entering the Unit ID number. The toll-free number will be answered between the hours of 6:00 AM and 6:00 PM Pacific time, Monday through Friday. Support hours are subject to change without notice.
- Customer must provide Epson with the model and serial number of the Product, the address where the defective Product is located, and a description of the problem. An Epson service technician will provide telephone diagnostic service to determine whether the Product requires hardware repair. If repair is required, Service will be provided during the term of the Preferred Plus Service and Support Plan according to the terms and conditions of the limited warranty program included with the Product at the time of purchase. Please refer to the Limited Warranty statement for details. If Service cannot be provided on the Product for any reason during the term of this Agreement and Epson no longer sells the same model, Epson will replace the Product with a model of equal or superior value.
- Services Limited
- Service described in this Agreement is a supplement to the Limited Warranty provided with the Product at the time of sale. This Agreement does not modify the terms and conditions of that limited warranty. During the one-year extension period, the plans are subject to the following limits:
One year of coverage, no limit on service calls or print head replacements.
No other kinds of services are included.
- This Agreement excludes those services listed below. Customer agrees to be billed at Epson's standard rates if excluded services are necessary to restore Product to working condition and to pay such charges upon receipt of invoice. Services excluded from this Agreement are:
- Any damage caused by neglecting or improperly performing user level maintenance as documented in the EPSON® SureColor® S30670 User's Guide. The user level maintenance includes the following items:
- Checking and cleaning the printhead, wiper, and cap unit surroundings (recommended: once a week)
- Performing periodic nozzle checks and nozzle cleanings to prevent ink build up around the printhead and cap unit area (recommended: as needed)
- Checking and replacing the flushing pad (recommended: at least once every six months)
- Properly discharging the waste ink (recommended: once each day)
- Checking and cleaning the platen heater and pressure rollers (recommended: as needed when there is media dust buildup)
- Replacing the wiper and wiper cleaner (recommended: at least once every six months)
- Removing, shaking and reinserting all installed ink cartridges (recommended: once every three weeks)
- Head washing if the printer is to be left usused for more than a month
- Any damage caused by using non-EPSON inks or ink cartridges, or any ink delivery system other than the system built into the printer (for example, any bulk ink system). Any damage caused by using non-EPSON media (except for media expressly recommended by Epson).
- Any damage caused by third-party software, applications, parts, components or peripheral devices added to the product after its shipment from Epson, (for example, dealer or user-added boards, components, or cables).
- Any damage caused by misuse, abuse, improper installation, neglect, failure to maintain, improper packing or shipping, disasters such as fire, flood, lightning, improper electrical currents, software problems, or interaction with non-EPSON products.
- Any damage from service performed by other than an EPSON Authorized Servicer.
- Service when the printer is used outside the U.S., Puerto Rico, and Canada.
- Service where the printer label, logo, rating label, or serial number has been removed.
- Any damage to used, refurbished, or reconditioned products.
- Any color change or fading of prints, or reimbursement of materials or services required for reprinting.
- Any damage caused by using improper packaging materials or improper packaging and shipping.
Note: The print head is a maintenance part which the user is responsible to replace when necessary. However, Epson covers head replacement while the printer is under the EPSON Preferred Limited Warranty and under any Preferred Plus Plan (limited or unlimited number of head replacements, depending on the Preferred Plus Plan purchased). The life of the print head will vary depending on the user's print volume, print patterns and heater temperature for print settings. Doing proper user maintenance of the print head will help prolong its life. This extended service contract is not transferable. If a claimed defect cannot be identified or reproduced in service, you will be held responsible for costs incurred.
- The term of this Agreement shall begin on the expiration date of the Limited Warranty included with the Product and expire on the one-year anniversary date.
- This plan is renewable at Epson's discretion. For renewal conditions, see your documentation for the EPSON Preferred Limited Warranty Plan or contact Epson.
- Customer will not receive a refund in the event of the Product being returned, sold, lost, stolen, or destroyed.
EPSON MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, RELATING TO PREFERRED PLUS SERVICE AND SUPPORT PLAN SERVICES PROVIDED IN THIS AGREEMENT AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- Customer's right to recover damages shall be limited to moneys actually paid by Customer to purchase this Agreement. This limitation shall apply regardless of the form of action. Any action for breach of this Agreement must be brought within six months of termination of this Agreement and any extension thereof.
- Except as provided in this Agreement, neither Epson nor its affiliates or agents shall be liable for (a) any loss, inconvenience, or damage, including direct, special, incidental, or consequential damages, including lost profits, cost of substitute equipment, downtime, claims of third parties, including customers, or injury to property, resulting from the use or inability to use the Product, whether resulting from a breach of any expressed or implied warranty or any other legal theory, or (b) delay in furnishing or failing to furnish Service if such a delay is caused by an act of God, strike, governmental action or any cause beyond Epson's reasonable control. Some jurisdictions do not allow limits on implied warranties or on remedies for breach in certain transactions. In such jurisdictions, the limits of this and the preceding paragraph may not apply.
- This Agreement is the complete and exclusive Agreement between the parties. No Epson employee or other person is authorized to make any representations or statements, which are inconsistent with this Agreement. Any such representations or statements are void.
- Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or the breach thereof, shall be settled by arbitration in the County of Los Angeles, California, before a single arbitrator in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator's decision shall be final and binding. Neither party shall assert, participate in, or join class action or representative action claims against the other in arbitration or otherwise; a party shall only submit its own, individual claims in arbitration and not seek to represent the interests of any other person or entity. The arbitrator shall have no authority to decide any class or representative claim. This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of California except the arbitration clause which shall be enforced pursuant to the Federal Arbitration Act.
- To the extent any provision of this Agreement is not enforceable under applicable law, such provision shall be deemed null and void and shall have no effect on the remaining portions of this Agreement.