The scanner doesn't work properly when I press the start button. What should I do?
If pressing the start button on your scanner does not start a scan, try these solutions:
- Restart your computer.
- Make sure your scanner is turned on and any interface cables are securely connected at both ends.
- If you are connecting your scanner over a network, make sure the Wi-Fi connection is working correctly. Try turning the wireless router off and on again, and make sure the router cable is securely connected.
- If you are connecting your scanner via USB, use only the USB cable that came with the scanner. Make sure it is connected directly to your computer and not to a USB hub.
- For Wi-Fi scanning, confirm that your scanner is paired with your computer. In Epson ScanSmart, click Settings > Scanner Settings > Change and select the scanner you want to use.
- Make sure your scanner is not connected to another computer via USB. A USB connection takes priority over a Wi-Fi connection.
- Make sure Epson ScanSmart and Epson Scan 2 are installed correctly. Reinstall the software, if necessary.
Customizing Action Icons
Scanner Light Status
Published: Jan 25, 2021 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!