How do I load a legal-size document?
Do the following:
Note: If you are loading an original that is 15.5 inches (393.8 mm) or longer, load only one sheet at a time.
- Open the input tray and pull up its extension.
- Pull out the output tray and its extension, and open the stopper.
- Slide out the input tray edge guides all the way.
- Load the legal-size original(s) in the input tray printed side down and top edge first, and guide them in until they meet resistance.
- Slide the edge guides against the edges of the original(s).
- If necessary during scanning, adjust the position of the stopper on the output tray extension to fit the ejected originals.
Note: If thicker paper does not eject properly or falls from the output tray, push in the output tray and allow the originals to eject freely onto the surface below the scanner. If the scanned images are affected by the originals ejecting below the scanner, try placing the scanner on the edge of a table where the ejected originals can drop freely.If scanning thin or wrinkled paper causes paper jams or double feeds, slow down the feeding speed by selecting Settings > Scanner Settings > Slow > On on the LCD screen.
Note: If you are loading an original that is 15.5 inches (393.8 mm) or longer, do not pull out the input or output tray extensions or open the stopper. Support the original as it enters into and ejects from the scanner as shown and use the following resolutions:
- 15.5 to 53 inches (393.8 to 1346.2 mm): 301 dpi to 600 dpi
- 53 to 215 inches (1346.3 to 5461 mm): 201 dpi to 300 dpi
- 215 to 240 inches (5461.1 to 6096 mm): 200 dpi or less