I was able to print from my Mac before with a wireless connection, but now I can't. What should I do?
The problem can be caused by your printer, computer, or wireless network. Do the following:
- To determine if the printer can print without a computer, print a nozzle check pattern from the product's control panel.
- If you can print, go to the next step.
- If you can't print a nozzle check pattern, check the product's LCD for error messages. Clear any errors displayed on the LCD, then try printing a nozzle check pattern again. If you still can't print, contact Epson support.
- Delete any pending print job(s) from the Epson print queue and then try printing again.
- If you can print now, you're done. You don't need to go to the next step.
- If you can't print, go to the next step.
- In the Print & Scan, Print & Fax, or Printers & Scanners window, select your printer, then click - to remove the printer. Click +, select your printer, and click Add to add the printer back on the printer queue. Then try printing.
If you can print, you don't need to continue troubleshooting. You're done.
If you still can't print, check the Wi-Fi icon on the product's control panel, then do one of the following:
- If the Wi-Fi light is on, follow the instructions in the Initialize Your Router and Restart Your Computer section below.
- If the Wi-Fi light is off, follow the instructions in the Reinstall the Product Software section below.
Initialize Your Router and Restart Your Computer
- Unplug your router's power cord from the power outlet, wait a brief period, then plug it back in. Try to print. You may need to re-establish the connection for the other devices on your network.
- If you can print, you're done. The problem was resolved by initializing your router.
If you still can't print, restart your computer, then try printing again. If these steps do not resolve your problem, contact Epson support.
Reinstall the Product Software
Important: You'll need to know your network name (SSID) and network password before you can set up your product. If you don't know them, contact the manufacturer of your router or the person who set up your network.
- Reset the product's Wi-Fi settings on the product's control panel by doing the following:
Press the menu button > Restore Default Settings > Wi-Fi/Network Settings > Yes, then press OK.
- On your Mac, open the menu and select System Preferences. Then click either Security & Privacy or Security. Select the Firewall tab, then disable the firewall.
If you have other firewall software enabled, you'll also need to disable it. If you don't know how to disable it, contact your firewall provider for help.
Note: This step is needed to install the product's software and complete the Wi-Fi setup. Remember to enable your firewall software after you complete the Wi-Fi setup.
- Unplug your router's power cord from the power outlet, wait a brief period, then plug it back in. You may need to re-establish the connection for the other devices on your network.
- Download the Drivers and Utilities Combo Package from the Downloads tab for your product.
Note: Make a note of the file name and save the location so you can retrieve it.
- Open the file you downloaded and follow the on-screen instructions. When you see the Select Your Connection screen, select Wireless connection, click Continue, then follow the on-screen instructions.
- When you see the Select Setup Option screen, select Set up printer for the first time, click Continue, then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Note: We recommend using a temporary USB cable connection (cable not included) to simplify wireless setup. If you're using OS X 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, or 10.9, 10.10 or you don't have a USB cable, you will need to use the control panel on the printer to select wireless settings. Follow the instructions on your computer screen during software installation; they will explain how to connect the printer wirelessly this way.
After you complete the Wi-Fi setup, remember to enable your firewall. If these troubleshooting instructions did not solve the problem, please contact Epson support.