My printout has lines running through it. What should I do?
If you notice white or dark lines in your prints (also called banding), try these solutions before you reprint:
- Run a nozzle check to see if any of the print head nozzles are clogged. Then clean the print head, if necessary.
- Make sure the paper type setting matches the type of paper you loaded.
- Make sure you loaded the printable side of the paper correctly for your product.
- Turn off any high speed settings in your product software.
- Align the print head.
- You may need to replace the ink cartridge.
Print Head Nozzle Check
Print Head Cleaning
Print Head Alignment
Loading Paper in the Paper Feed Slot
Selecting Additional Layout and Print Options - Windows
Selecting Printing Preferences - OS X
Paper or Media Type Settings - Product Software
Paper Type Settings - Control Panel
Replacing the Ink Cartridge
Published: Sep 10, 2015 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!