How do I scan a document with Epson ScanSmart?
You can scan and review documents and photos in Epson ScanSmart.
Note: The images in this guide show Windows screens. Mac screens may be slightly different. Depending on your product model and software version, not all options may be available.
- Load your original into the product. See your product's User's Guide for instructions.
- Open Epson ScanSmart on your computer. Do one of the following:
- Windows 10: Click > Epson Software > Epson ScanSmart.
- Windows 8.x: Navigate to the Apps screen and select Epson ScanSmart.
- Windows (other versions): Click or Start, and select All Programs or Programs. Select Epson Software > Epson ScanSmart.
- Mac: Open the Applications folder, open the Epson Software folder, and select Epson ScanSmart.
You see a screen like this:
- Select an option for the Scan Area setting, if necessary.
Note: The Scan Area setting limits the scan area to a selected size starting at the placement arrow on the scanner bed. It does not scale the image to the selected size.
- Select a scan option. Depending on your product, one or more scan options may be available. The original is scanned. When scanning is complete, you see a screen like this:
- You can review, edit, or reorder the scanned images as follows:
- Select + Scan to scan more originals.
- Select Delete to delete selected scanned images.
- Select Rotate Right to rotate each scanned image.
- Select Crop to crop the selected image.
- Control-click two images, select Stitch Images, and follow the on-screen instructions to combine them into a single image.
- If you scanned double-sided, select On or Off as the Include back sidessetting if you want to keep or discard the back sides of scanned images.
- If your product supports Photo Mode, the following enhancement options may be available:
- Auto Color Enhancement: automatically adjusts the brightness, contrast, and saturation of your photos
- Restore Faded Colors: restores the colors in faded photos automatically
- Remove Red Eye: automatically removes the red-eye effect from your photos
- When you finish reviewing and editing the scanned images, click Next. You see a screen like this:
- Select an option to save, send, or print the scanned images. See the links below.
Saving a Scan
Attaching a Scan to Email
Sending a Scan to a Cloud Service
Printing a Scan
Published: 4-Sep-2019 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!