I'm having paper feed problems. What should I do?
- Place the product on a flat surface.
- If paper does not feed for printing, remove it. Then reload it in the middle of the rear paper feed. Slide the edge guides against the edge of the paper, making sure that the paper stack is not above the arrow mark on the edge guides.
- If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper, fan the edges to separate the sheets, and reload it.
- If multiple pages feed at once during manual 2-sided printing, remove any paper from the product before reloading paper.
- If paper jams when you print on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.
- Make sure your paper meets the specifications for your product.
- Make sure the paper size and paper type settings on the control panel are correct.
- For best results, follow these guidelines:
- Use new, smooth, high-quality paper that is not curled, creased, old, too thin, or too thick.
- Load paper in the rear paper feed printable side up.
- Follow any special loading instructions that came with the paper.
- When loading originals in the ADF, load them in the correct direction and not above the arrow on the ADF edge guide. Load only originals supported by the ADF and be sure to slide the ADF edge guide against the edge of the originals. Check that the ADF icon appears on the Copy, Scan, or Fax screen; if not, remove and replace the originals.
- Clean the inside of the ADF.
If you have problems feeding paper, try these solutions:
Published: Apr 25, 2019 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!