There is no sound. What should I do?
If there is no sound when you expect it or the volume is too low or high, try the following solutions:
- Adjust the projector's volume settings.
- Press the A/V mute button on the projector remote control to resume video and audio if they were temporarily stopped.
- Make sure the Audio Out Device settings are correct.
- Check your computer or video source to make sure the volume is turned up and the audio output is set for the correct source.
- Check the cable connection between the projector and your video source.
- Try disconnecting and reconnecting the audio cable.
- Check the audio out cable connection between the projector and your external speakers.
- If you do not hear sound from an HDMI source, set the connected device to PCM output.
- Make sure any connected audio cables are labeled "No Resistance."
- If you are using an ARC-compatible A/V system, make sure it is connected to the projector's ARC-compatible HDMI port and set the HDMI Link and Audio Out Device settings accordingly.
- If you are using a Mac and you do not hear sound from an HDMI source, make sure your Mac supports audio through the HDMI port. If not, you need to connect an audio cable directly to your speaker system.
- If you hear a hissing sound from your projector's speakers when projecting from a computer running Windows 10 over a network, you may need to adjust the Windows 10 sound properties:
- Right-click the speaker icon in the Windows taskbar and select Sounds.
- Click the Playback tab, select the playback device, and click Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab, set the sample rate and bit depth setting to 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD Quality), click Apply, and click OK.
Note: These steps may vary depending on the Windows 10 version you are using.
- If you turn the projector on immediately after turning it off, the cooling fans may run at high speed momentarily and cause an unexpected noise. This is normal.
Controlling the Volume with the Volume Buttons
Shutting Off the Picture and Sound Temporarily
Projector Feature Settings - Settings Menu
Published: Apr 30, 2020 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!